Digital terrestrial transmission services are now broadcasted nationwide through over 34 transmission towers covering around 93% of the Malaysian population. Find out if your area is under DTT coverage in the following table.
• Old TV set can still be used as long as it has an AV/HDMI input that can be connected to the DVB-T2 decoder via an AV/HDMI cable.
• New TV set with the DTTV label approved by SIRIM that comes with a built-in digital tuner which doesn't require a separate decoder to receive myFreeview services. It's also known as an Integrated Digital Television (IDTV).
• Sharper and clearer images at a higher resolution.
• High quality audio and surround sound.
• Free - no subscription fees.
• Access to interactive TV services such as online shopping, and video-on-demand via an internet connection. These services will be made available in the coming future.
• More TV channels and services which will be implemented soon.
• Personal video recording functions will be available in the future.
myFreeview services can be received as long as an indoor/outdoor UHF aerial is connected to an IDTV or otherwise to a DVB-T2 decoder and your current TV. Your building management may need to install the Master Antenna TV System (MATV) so you can receive myFreeview digital broadcast services.
You can enjoy the most popular TV and radio channels in Malaysia on myFreeview for free without any subscription fees! myFreeview is an excellent choice if you do not wish to be tied down to a subscription package from paid TV services. As myFreeview is new hence our services are limited compared to Astro or HyppTV at the moment, but more channels will be made available soon to myFreeview in the future!
Yes, as long as your TV set has enough AV/HDMI input terminal to support both decoders.
myFreeview channels are FREE with no extra or hidden charges. You would only need to pay for a one-time purchase of a new IDTV/DVB-T2 decoder and installation fees if you require assistance in installing an outdoor UHF aerial or any maintenance services.